November 2015 – today
September 2015 – today
Potsdamer Strasse 144 10785 Berlin - Tel: +49 160 90 88 0174 -
PAULA SCHWARZ EXPERIENCE
• Migration Hubs are physical workspaces that enable activists, entrepreneurs, NGOs, consultants and change makers to meet and co-create innovative solutions for the social phenomenon of mass migration.
FIRST-CONTACT Berlin, Istanbul. Athens, Oslo
Founder September 2015 – today
• An information website for refugees who first arrive in Europe. The project was developed on the Startupboat and is now run by a team of volunteers.
STARTUP BOAT Samos, Losvos
Founder August 2015 – today
• Startupboat is a mobile incubator that brings together different stakeholders who focus on the development and incubation of innovative solutions for social challenges such as mass migration.
EXPONENTIAL.NETWORK Berlin, San Francisco, Shanghai
Co-Founder and CEO 2015 • Matched a likeminded circle of angel investors with selected opportunities in Greece and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Sep. 2012 – Today
SCHINDLER & SCHINDLER Kuwait City, Kuwait
Investor Relations Manager 2015 May - today February 2015 – May 2015
• Fundraised in Qatar and Kuwait for the private fund of Philipp Schindler (Global Head of Sales and Operations at Google Ic.).
JAMBOCAR Nairobi, Kenya
Co-Founder November 2014 – today
• Built the first carpooling market place for East Africa as winner of the Ampion Venture Bus East Africa Challenge. • Launched the service in in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda and handed the project over to Blablacar.com.
AMPION VENTURE BUS Nairobi, Kenya
Global Advisory Board June 2014 - today
• Consulted, administered and coordinated operative and administrative tasks of the initiative. EDUCATION
STANFORD UNIVERSITY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH 500 STARTUPS
Palo Alto, San Francisco Investment Management Trainee,February 2015 – May 2015 Strategic analysis of portfolio structure and investment thesis of Venture Companies, Funds and Family Offices
EU-FUNDRAISING ASSOCIATION, Berlin, Germany Trainee as EU-Fundraiser, 2012 - 2013 Certified consultant for application processes regarding financial support granted by the European Union; employed as junior consultant in the outreach and communications department of the EU-Fundraising Association while in training
FREE UNIVERSITY BERLIN, Berlin, Germany Bachelor in Political Sciences, October 2009 – February 2012 Bachelor of Political Science with a focus on International Political Economy and Comparative Studies (Grade 2.1)
EUROPEAN SCHOOL MUNICH, Munich, Germany Abitur Degree, European Baccalaureate German Abitur with grade of 1.3, and European Baccalaureate with grade 85.5%; core courses: Greek, English, Philosophy, Geography, History
Potsdamer Strasse 144 10785 Berlin - Tel: +49 160 90 88 0174 - INITIATIVES
Techfugees: Participant and speaker at conferences of techfugees around EuropeNexus Global Youth Summit Participant: Participant in the Nexus European Youth Summit in London, 2014 Global Bridges Young Leader: Coordinated the annual study trip to Israel and the Palestinian territories, 2012
German-Russian Young Leader: Participation in the German-Russian Young Leaders Conferences Hamburg and in St. Petersburg, 2014 Model United Nations@FU-Berlin: Head of the delegation at World MUN in New York City, 2011
Boxing, swimming, wandering around, meditating, disappearing, letting go.